i’m still kinda surprised and not really surprised that the Lebanese Kitchen burned down
Get to Know Me Uncomfortably Well
- 1. What is you middle name?
- 2. How old are you?
- 3. What is your birthday?
- 4. What is your zodiac sign?
- 5. What is your favorite color?
- 6. What's your lucky number?
- 7. Do you have any pets?
- 8. Where are you from?
- 9. How tall are you?
- 10. What shoe size are you?
- 11. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- 12. What was your last dream about?
- 13. What talents do you have?
- 14. Are you psychic in any way?
- 15. Favorite song?
- 16. Favorite movie?
- 17. Who would be your ideal partner?
- 18. Do you want children?
- 19. Do you want a church wedding?
- 20. Are you religious?
- 21. Have you ever been to the hospital?
- 22. Have you ever got in trouble with the law?
- 23. Have you ever met any celebrities?
- 24. Baths or showers?
- 25. What color socks are you wearing?
- 26. Have you ever been famous?
- 27. Would you like to be a big celebrity?
- 28. What type of music do you like?
- 29. Have you ever been skinny dipping?
- 30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
- 31. What position do you usually sleep in?
- 32. How big is your house?
- 33. What do you typically have for breakfast?
- 34. Have you ever fired a gun?
- 35. Have you ever tried archery?
- 36. Favorite clean word?
- 37. Favorite swear word?
- 38. What's the longest you've ever gone without sleep?
- 39. Do you have any scars?
- 40. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
- 41. Are you a good liar?
- 42. Are you a good judge of character?
- 43. Can you do any other accents other than your own?
- 44. Do you have a strong accent?
- 45. What is your favorite accent?
- 46. What is your personality type?
- 47. What is your most expensive piece of clothing?
- 48. Can you curl your tongue?
- 49. Are you an innie or an outie?
- 50. Left or right handed?
- 51. Are you scared of spiders?
- 52. Favorite food?
- 53. Favorite foreign food?
- 54. Are you a clean or messy person?
- 55. Most used phrased?
- 56. Most used word?
- 57. How long does it take for you to get ready?
- 58. Do you have much of an ego?
- 59. Do you suck or bite lollipops?
- 60. Do you talk to yourself?
- 61. Do you sing to yourself?
- 62. Are you a good singer?
- 63. Biggest Fear?
- 64. Are you a gossip?
- 65. Best dramatic movie you've seen?
- 66. Do you like long or short hair?
- 67. Can you name all 50 states of America?
- 68. Favorite school subject?
- 69. Extrovert or Introvert?
- 70. Have you ever been scuba diving?
- 71. What makes you nervous?
- 72. Are you scared of the dark?
- 73. Do you correct people when they make mistakes?
- 74. Are you ticklish?
- 75. Have you ever started a rumor?
- 76. Have you ever been in a position of authority?
- 77. Have you ever drank underage?
- 78. Have you ever done drugs?
- 79. Who was your first real crush?
- 80. How many piercings do you have?
- 81. Can you roll your Rs?"
- 82. How fast can you type?
- 83. How fast can you run?
- 84. What color is your hair?
- 85. What color is your eyes?
- 86. What are you allergic to?
- 87. Do you keep a journal?
- 88. What do your parents do?
- 89. Do you like your age?
- 90. What makes you angry?
- 91. Do you like your own name?
- 92. Have you already thought of baby names, and if so what are they?
- 93. Do you want a boy a girl for a child?
- 94. What are you strengths?
- 95. What are your weaknesses?
- 96. How did you get your name?
- 97. Were your ancestors royalty?
- 98. Do you have any scars?
- 99. Color of your bedspread?
- 100. Color of your room?
nothing but a lost soul
floating around an
old airport in the midwest,
watching people leave
and not being able to
i see them eat their
redeye meals and i see
them use their jackets
for blankets and i see
them have dirty sex in
dirty bathrooms and go
their separate ways,
to different cities,
nothing but a lost soul
floating around an
old airport where the
planes come in and
drop off their
animate cargo and
the pilots are done
for the day, they go to
a hotel and take a
bath and slice their
wrists and they
join me, floating around
the old airport.
i was a pilot once. i still fly,
but it’s not so lonely anymore.
i don’t feel very good.
BROKEN RECORDS SINGING “DENY DENY DENY DENY”
AND I HAVE
NO HEART INSIDE MY CAGE
THE BIRD’S NEST IS ABANDONED AND IT MAKES THE WORLD FEE SADDER THAN DEAD CHRISTMAS TREES WAITING FOR THE GARBAGE TRUCK (HEARSE) TO PICK THEM UP OFF THE STREET
AND THE GUTTERS ARE STAINED WITH PINE NEEDLES AND SAP
AND MY SOUL IS STAINED WITH BAD DREAMS LIKE BROKEN GLASS
I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO SO I’LL DO NOTHING
best of times,
worst of times,
fear in a jewelry box
that she wears
when she goes out into the night
with her eyes pointed
toward the cracks of the
i meet her in misery.
to live and to die in our dreams,
and the windows to the soul have
rainwater dripping down them
we can’t see out we can’t see out
but that’s okay,
the firefight still drones on in the distance
and the newspapers still cover the news
and the clowns still go home to empty apartments
and the booze still flows in a river down the
and i still weep when i think about certain things
but that’s okay
where’s my Ginger and Mary Anne?
they’ve been replaced by Blackbeard and Ivan
Nuno’s hair always kills me